TAMU Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) would like to invite Freshmen engineering students interested in oil & gas to apply for the TAMU SPE Student Mentorship Program. The program is a great opportunity to be mentored 1-on-1 by a knowledgeable upperclassman and gain the insights necessary to land an internship in the oil and gas industry. In Fall 2016, 92% of program participants received an interview, and 76% of participants obtained an internship offer.
* Learn how to write a resume, use HireAggies efficiently, stand out in career fairs, and interview effectively.
* Gain networking opportunities with knowledgeable upperclassmen and industry professionals in SPE events and workshops.
* Attend the Fall 2017 Career Enhancement Event (CEE) – an exclusive career fair specifically for SPE members!
* In Fall 2016, 27 oil & gas companies attended just to hire TAMU SPE members.
* Attending companies include Anadarko, BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Hilcorp, Schlumberger, and many more!
* Be a current SPE member
* Register now for free at www.spe.org/.
* All membership dues are sponsored by Chevron.
* Must be a Class of 2020 or 2021 engineering major with an interest in oil & gas.
* Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA (exceptions granted for first semester students).
Applications are evaluated on a first come, first serve basis, so apply today! Early applicants get more development time with their mentors; therefore, it is advantageous to apply early in order to maximize preparation for Fall 2017 career recruitment opportunities. For more information about the TAMU SPE Student Mentorship Program, please click HERE. The mentee application can be found at the link below:
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact Dalton Prihoda at firstname.lastname@example.org.